An educational charity commissioned Shift Learning to conduct research on French education in London. The client wished to explore decision-making processes and marketing messages that would help inform future developments in the French system in London.
Our approach and methodology
Shift Learning conducted a 3 phase, multi methodology project to answer the client’s research objectives:
Desk research including:
- Environmental analysis, looking at news sites, websites, blogs and forums to gather opinion and views on the French school system in London
- Geomapping of data to establish the distance travelled to each school
23 depth interviews with staff and parents:
- With some parents in the French and other school systems to gather views to inform closed statements for the eSurvey
- Sent out through multiple channels and through websites and social media to capture the views of parents and the wider community around priorities about school choice
- With complex routing to capture the views of a range of segments within the target population
- Resulting in a large number of completed surveys received
Delivering results and value to our client
Shift delivered a comprehensive report answering the research objectives of the client, with subsequent presentations tailored to different stakeholder groups. The research gave the charity and its key stakeholders a deep insight into the views of parents providing an evidence base with which to plan for the future. In addition it informed the key stakeholders how to target parents using the right channels and create clearly defined messaging to build a strong identity for the schools with a view to inform future developments in the French system in London.