CACHE (Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education) wanted to understand how they could grow their business through short term product development, concentrating on current and potential business areas, products and services. Shift Learning’s research helped CACHE to identify priority markets, products and services that would help their business to expand, by providing evidence based recommendations on both their current portfolio and potential new products and services.
In addition CACHE wanted Shift to review their current customer satisfaction survey, recommending changes that would strengthen the work and produce further depth in the results.
Our approach and methodology
Shift Learning designed and delivered a multi-modal approach to the work ensuring that it was carried out within a three month period.
Phase 1 – Desk research
- Environmental and competitor analysis
- Analysis of internal and external data
- Five telephone interviews with internal stakeholders
Phase 2 – Internal workshops
- Shift Learning ran a one-day workshop with internal stakeholders
Phase 3 – Focus groups
- Four face-to-face focus groups with current and potential CACHE customers across a range of sectors.
Phase 4 – Series of depth interviews
- 50 depth telephone interviews with employers, teaching assistants and private training providers
Phase 5 – eSurveys
- In collaboration with CACHE Shift Learning amended the annual customer satisfaction survey, adapting the tool to deliver an enhanced level of information, including a Key Drivers Analysis.
All interview scripts, eSurveys and focus group guides were developed in close collaboration with CACHE through regular progress calls, meetings and emails.
Delivering results and value to our client
The Shift Learning team brought insight to CACHE to help inform their short-term plan through:
- Interim and final topline data from surveys
- Fully analysed data set including open comments
- Transcripts and analysis grids
- PowerPoint reports for each research element, including executive summaries
- Revised questionnaire scripts for future benchmarking
- A presentation of results to key stakeholders
The Shift Learning team undertook a complex multi-part study to inform business growth, delivering high quality analysis within a tight 12 week timescale. An intelligent approach to educational research. (Cath Gladding, Market Research Manager, CACHE)