The University of London Worldwide has students in over 180 countries, studying for more than 100 different degrees, diplomas and certificates. Their Student Experience Survey (SES) takes place every 2 years and looks to understand the experiences and satisfaction levels of these students. Questioning is focused on core elements of student learning to help identify areas of success, as well as areas requiring strategic improvements. Having worked with Shift on a previous survey edition, the University of London looked to them again to support with analysis of the data and presentation of the findings. They sought to gain a global view of results, as well as a more granular understanding of student satisfaction at programme level, including benchmarks to previous years to support tracking.
- 11,200 student responses were cleaned and analysed. This included significance testing against 2017-18 data. Weighting was applied to ensure findings were representative. Comparisons were also made to the NSS 2019 and the PTES 2019 to give insight into their performance against other UK institutions.
- A Key Driver Analysis provided insight into the main contributors to student satisfaction scores, clearly showing areas for the UoL to focus on in cementing its position as a global leader in distance and flexible education.
- This research was successfully delivered by Shift working remotely during COVID-19, including smooth communication with our client team via Basecamp.
Shift presented insights from this wealth of data through a range of deliverables:
- 54 in-depth data sheets displayed the results by teaching centre, programme and country using numerous tables and charts.
- A comprehensive report dug deep into where improvements had been made since the previous SES edition and clearly signposted areas to prioritise.
- An online Displayr dashboard allowed interactive exploration of the data, using filters for programme, country, course level, etc. in an easily shareable format.
- This information was also presented across 4 online presentations to multiple key stakeholders, including the senior leadership team.