The university experience doesn’t end with graduation – it is the foundation upon which alumni build their futures.
Strong and positive alumni relations are mutually beneficial: supporting students as they continue their journeys, while helping higher education institutions learn from alumni experiences and uphold their reputations.
Alumni research methodologies
For that reason, Shift Learning offers a range of bespoke alumni research services, including comprehensive alumni surveys, helping higher education institutions to:
- understand the needs and attitudes of their alumni
- create more compelling communications and services
- deepen alumni involvement, e.g. in volunteering and philanthropy.
We offer a range of qualitative methodologies, from phone interviews to face-to-face focus groups, to get to the heart of alumni research questions and explore perceptions and behaviours in depth.
Our alumni surveys provide quantitative insights from a broad spectrum of graduates, wherever they have ended up in the world. As part of our alumni surveys, we offer a range of methodologies and advanced statistical techniques, including:
- Cluster analysis to segment alumni for targeted engagement strategies.
- Discriminant analysis to profile alumni and identify targets for deeper engagement.
- Key driver and regression analysis to explore the factors in alumni engagement.
- Tracking studies to monitor changes over time and as a result of alumni initiatives.